Academic excellence group
ACHIEVING ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE IS A MERIT THAT OUR UNIVERSITY ACKNOWLEDGES AND PROMOTES.
This is a recognition given to students with academic excellence for their permanent individual effort to
attain and maintain a high performance in the program studies.
The criteria considered for incorporating students in the Academic Excellence Group are the following:
- Being enrolled in at least two courses during the current term.
- Having more than 40 credits earned at UPC. Having passed courses corresponding to both academic terms during the year.
- Reaching a weighted average higher than the program's general average in more than two standard deviations.
Exclusive for students who are part of EPE’s Academic Excellence Group at UPC:
* Applications made by companies directly to the Working Adult Program (EPE) division.
- Workshops and conferences offered by the Working Adult (EPE) Academic Department.
- Students may borrow up to four books for seven days.
- Students have the possibility to access the William C. Dennis scholarship for international studies. Aimed at students in all Laureate universities in Latin America.
- Priority to participate in exclusive Laureate network events.
- Priority in the allocation of vacancies for international opportunities and for the scholarship contests to study abroad.
- Exclusive parking for the Academic Excellence Group students (subject to availability)
- Priority in the selection of students demanded by employing companies*.
- Specialized consultancy for thesis workshops.
- Special acknowledgment in the graduation ceremony.
- Special acknowledgment and diploma for the Academic Excellence Group graduates in a ceremony after the graduation.
The following students have been acknowledged as part of the Academic Excellence Group in their respective programs:
- Banking Administration and Finance
- Business Administration
- Human Resources Administration
- Administration and Entrepreneurship Management
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Network and Communications Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- International Business